Dido “La Universal”, a tribute to the youth, the tenacity, the love and the Grenache.

Red Wine D.O Montsant. 70% Garnacha, 15% Syrah y 15% Merlot y Cabernet Sauvignon. Another wonder of Sara Perez and Rene Barbier.

p1300843_1

A kind wine, thought to begin in the knowledge of the expression of the wines of the D.O. Montsant. It is, according to its creators, a tribute to the youth, the tenacity, the love and the Grenache. The wine that is born from different plots of Falset, is characterized by its powerful fruit load and has been raised in amphorae of ceramics to preserve an extraordinary freshness and purity.

Always work with the whole grape grains, making macerations not very long.
Aging, 60% of the wine is reared for 16 months in French oak barrels and small amphorae of clay and the remaining 40% in concrete tanks to mark the fruit.

Dido “La Universal”,  Intense cherry, garnet rim color,  had an incredibly perfumed and showy nose. Aroma elegant, complex, powerful with memories of chocolate and spices. The palate is most than vibrant and shows a range of citric acidity. Structured, with a powerful fruit load, tasty and enveloping. The syrah becomes more and more present as time passes on our palate and in the glass  The Grenache it becomes a show of aromas that surrounds everything.

Founded in 1999 and since then consolidated as one of Montsant’s most prestigious wineries, Venus La Universal is the project of Sara Pérez (Mas Martinet) and René Barbier (Clos Mogador).

venuslauniversal

Sara and René, having formed in their cellars of the Priorat with their respective families, they launched themselves to the adventure in the D.O. Montsant when it still did not exist (it was called sub-zone Falset).
They have reoriented and studied each of the winemaking processes to make them more sustainable. They work organically and respect the environment of their vineyards and want to optimize the energy and resources they use in the winery. In their wines, all with a medically philosophical sense, the fermentations are made with yeasts not selected to contribute to the aromatic and structural diversity.
They elaborate in a totally ecological way the wines Dido and Venus, with the idea of exploiting all the wealth and variety of soils that exist in this denomination.

Their commitment is to make sensual wines, feminine but with all the power of a denomination where the native varieties are Garnacha and Cariñena, which coexist with the fusion with later introduced varieties (Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot …), originating wines With an identity of their own.

venuslauniversal-carrusel-08

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s